Re: solo series

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: solo series
Date: Fri, 07 May 2004 16:36:45 +0200

The reason is probably that you cannot really have a Lyrics context
within a Staff context. Try the following version, which gives some
warnings since the alto Voice doesn't live from the beginning of the
piece, but produces the desired output.

\version "2.2.1"

\include "deutsch.ly"

\score {
  <<
    \new Staff {
      \context Voice = "sopr" \notes \relative c' {
         c4 d e8 f g4 a h c2
       }
       \context Voice = "alto" \notes \relative c'' {
          c4 h a8 g f4 e d c2
    \context Lyrics \lyricsto "sopr" \lyrics {
      c d e f g a h c
    }
    \context Lyrics \lyricsto "alto" \lyrics {
      c h a g f e d c

   /Mats

Ferenc Wagner wrote:
Hi,

why do I get two empty measures between the solos in the
following snippet?  How should I do this?  I'd like to keep
the corresponding notes and lyrics together.  In the output:

programming error: Moving backwards in time
Continuing; crossing fingers

Thanks,
Feri.

\version "2.2.1"

\include "deutsch.ly"

\score {
    \new Staff
    {
        <<
            \context Voice = "sopr" \notes \relative c' {
                c4 d e8 f g4 a h c2
            }
            \context Lyrics \lyricsto "sopr" \lyrics {
                c d e f g a h c
            }

        <<
            \context Voice = "alto" \notes \relative c'' {
                c4 h a8 g f4 e d c2
            }
            \context Lyrics \lyricsto "alto" \lyrics {
                c h a g f e d c

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems