Re: Tempo mark

From: Thomas Scharkowski
Subject: Re: Tempo mark
Date: Sat, 08 May 2004 13:46:56 +0200

> Search the mailing list archives of lilypond-user for
> "tempo markup" to find some examples of typesetting the
> metronomization as part of a text markup.

Sorry, I did not find an example.

> To change the position of the metronome mark, you have to find out
> what kind layout object in LilyPond is used to typeset it. To do that,
> you could start from the manual section on Metronome marks:
> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.2/Documentation/user/out-www/lilypond/Metronome-marks.html#Metronome%20marks
> and follow the links
> MetronomeChangeEvent -> Metronome_mark_engraver -> MetronomeMark
> which gives the name of the layout object "MetronomeMark" and
> a list of the properties that are set by default. To see more
> properties that can be set, you have to follow the links to the
> different interfaces.
> To conclude, you could raise a tempo indication by
> \override MetronomeMark #'padding = #2.0
> for example.

This does not work in my example (see below), could you tell me where
I made the mistake?

Thank you,
Thomas

\version "2.2.0"
\header {}
staff1 = {
        \new Staff {
                \set Staff.midiInstrument = #"acoustic guitar (steel)"
                \set Staff.instrument = \markup \bold \large {No. 145}
                \override MetronomeMark #'padding = #4.0
                \tempo 4=108
                \time 4/4
                \clef treble
                \notes {
                        \key c \major
                        \relative c''' {
                c2%^\markup \large \bold {\hspace #-4.0 {Adagio}}

\score {
        \staff1
        \paper {raggedright=##t}
        \midi {\tempo 4 = 108}