Re: Slight spanner problem

From: Erik Sandberg
Subject: Re: Slight spanner problem
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 16:48:21 +0200

On Saturday 08 May 2004 23.39, Doug Asherman wrote:
> I'm not quite sure how to describe this: if it's not clear, please let
> me know.

> No problems with the words; they're within the bar lines (even though
> the bar lines aren't visible). But if a line of music ends with a tie
> and the word it ends on has an extender spanner, then the extender juts
> out a bit beyond the (invisible) bar line.

Now with the example, I understand what you mean :)

AFAIU, the extender lines are _supposed_ to do this; they should extend until
a point right below the last note that the syllable should be held to. In the
example, the "foo" syllable extends to the 3rd half note, hence the extender
goes all the way there. So since this is right after the barline, the
extender goes there.

If you want the extender to end under the second note instead, you could do:

   \lyricsto "A" \context Lyrics=A \lyrics { foo __ \sl "" bar }

(in your example, I suppose you would require some extra settings such as
\ignoreMelismata)

> Also, when I'm compiling the source, I get:
> "programming error: round filled box vertical extent smaller than blot;
> decreasing blot"

Thanks for this report! It has been added to our bug database.

Erik