weird output: doubled full-measure rests

From: Arvid Grøtting
Subject: weird output: doubled full-measure rests
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 23:51:47 +0200

Version: 2.0.1, on MacOS X/Fink

I'm totally confused now.

The Lilpond file at [1] gives me some strange output: for some reason,
the first full-measure rests in one of the voices get doubled and
reappear in the next measure, superimposed on the actual music.  That
is:

    R2 | g8\p->-. f8-. d8-. e8-. |
    R2 | g8->-. f-. d-. e-. |
    R2 | g8->-. f-. d-. e-. |
    R2 | g8->-. f-. d-. e-. |
    r8 g r c |

...get printed like this:[2]

   << { R2*8}
      { s2 |  g8->-. f-. d-. e-. |
        s2 |  g8->-. f-. d-. e-. |
        s2 |  g8->-. f-. d-. e-. |
        s2 |  g8->-. f-. d-. e-. | }
    r8 g r c

I don't have an isolated small snippet that shows this behaviour,
though.  Other voices, and even other places in the same voice, are
OK.

What am I doing wrong?  Is there a workaround?

I'm not quite ready to upgrade now unless I have to -- I have another
project almost ready, on a tight deadline.  Any ideas?  Anyone?

[1] <http://regina.uio.no/~arvidg/4_Kvalings_halling.ly>
[2] <http://regina.uio.no/~arvidg/4_Kvalings_halling.pdf>
--

Arvid