Rolls and ruffs

From: Peter Mogensen
Subject: Rolls and ruffs
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 08:28:00 +0200

Hi,

I've been trying to get Lilypond to typeset notes for marchband snaredrums.
Here's a small sample of the task (bottom staff):
http://www.bigendian.dk/libertyb.jpg

I have been partly successfull in tweaking the tremolo repeat to make it thinner, but these are not tremolo repeats as such and result is not good. Especially not when the note is beamed (mostly ruffs).
Also, getting the correct MIDI meaning out of it is almost impossible.

Does anyone have ideas?

regards,
Peter