Re: figures position

From: LEGRAND Jean-Marc
Subject: Re: figures position
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 14:44:21 +0200

----- Réacheminé par Jean-marc LEGRAND/CRS/FR/RM/Corp le 25/05/2004 14:44 -----

                    Mats Bengtsson

                    <mats.bengtsson@        Pour :  LEGRAND Jean-Marc
<address@hidden>
                    s3.kth.se>              cc :    address@hidden

                                            Objet :      Re: figures position

                    25/05/2004 14:08

The baseline-skip determines the spacing between the different
lines of figures (even though your setting doesn't change anything
that has to do with figured bass). However, the full figured bass
is typeset in a FiguredBass context. To change the distance between
this context and the Staff context below it, you could read
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.2/Documentation/user/out-www/lilypond/Vertical-spacing.html
and
http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2004-01/msg00329.html
http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2004-02/msg00301.html
Since the FiguredBass context doesn't have any minimumVerticalExtent
set by default, it's the upper extent of the Staff context below it
that can be reduced.

    /Mats

LEGRAND Jean-Marc wrote:
> Hi, and thanks for your previous help : figured bass has much less secrets
> for me !
>
> I've still got a pb : my figures are printed above the bass line, which is
> what I wanted. But the
> figures line is much too high, and I'de like to lower it. Do you have any
> trick for this ?
>
> I've copied the manual to print the figured bass, but I don't understand the
> use of the setting :
>           \property Voice.TextScript
>           \set #'baseline-skip = #'0.2
>
> When I chage the value to 1.4 or 4, nothing chages...
>
> Regards

           Mats Bengtsson
           Signal Processing
           Signals, Sensors and Systems