Re: Lyrics, Tab, Titles - simple questions

From: se.e
Subject: Re: Lyrics, Tab, Titles - simple questions
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 18:29:15 +0200

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mats Bengtsson" <address@hidden>
> se.e wrote:
> > Hi all!
> > I'm a new Lilypond user and I've some very simple questions for you.
> >
> > 1) Titles -- I have:
> > tagline= "copyright©2004"
> >
> > Why in the .pdf '©' is only a 'c' (there's no circle)? This don't works
with
> > '®' too.
>
> It works fine here. I hope you use a text editor that saves the file
> in latin1 encoding (also called ISO 8859-1).

Eheh...you hope but I don't know! :)
Seriously, I used NotePad (win98) but I haven't options, I can only choose
the font. In these days I'm tryin' Vim but I don't save the file as
'latin1', I save it 'as *.ly'....am I wrong? I use the dafault font
(Fixedsys). I also have different files type from menu/syntax but there
aren't 'latin1' or 'Lilypond'. Except for the '©' and '®', to me it seems
that all works good (using 'save as *.ly).

> As an alternative, you can use the LaTeX command
> tagline= "copyright\\copyright{}2004"

I wrote this in the 'header' but don't works.

> > 2) Tablature --
> > if I've a chord (ex. {<<d a d'>>} ), in the .pdf there is a line cross
the
> > numbers, why? And...is it possible to choose line-up or line-down (from
the
> > number)?
>
> I leave tablature questions to others.

No problem! I just add that it seems that '\stemUp' and '\stemDown' don't
work in tablature (as fingerings like 'c-2').
(questions 3 and 4 are ok)
Mats, thanks for reply and for helping me.
Cheers.

AB