Re: appoggiatura and clef woes

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: appoggiatura and clef woes
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 11:23:41 +0200

Stan Sanderson wrote:
On May 24, 2004, at 3:56 AM, Erik Sandberg wrote:

On Monday 24 May 2004 04.30, Stan Sanderson wrote:

Erik-

I'm looking for a workaround for another bug reported earlier.
Acciaccaturas before 32nd note runs apparently throw off the midi
timing.

This bug was added to our bug database (& you will be notified when it's
fixed). Since this is a real bug, there doesn't necessarily need to exist a good solution. However, there might be a bad solution: I think the problem
disappears if you use 32nd or 64th acciaccaturas instead of 16ths.

Erik

Erik-

Thank you for your suggestion. I had not tried notes shorter than 16ths; 32nds do provide a workaround.

Your time and efforts are much appreciated!

If you definitely want 16th notes in the printed output but
still use this workaround for the MIDI output, it might work
to use the following trick (haven't tried it though):
\appoggiatura {c16*1/2 d16*1/2 e16*1/2} f32 e f g a ...

    /Mats