page layout problem

From: Stephan Gatzka
Subject: page layout problem
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 13:17:43 +0200

Hello,

first of all, I'm new to lilypond, so please be patient with me...

I have a problem with the page layout. What I want to achieve is that I
have different distances between staves on individual pages.

Please let me illustrate the problem:

\notes\relative c' {
        \clef alto
        \key d \major
        \time 4/4
        \repeat volta 2 {
                \set Staff.minimumVerticalExtent = #'(-7 . 7)
                some notes...
        }
        \newpage
        \break

        \repeat volta 2 {
                \set Staff.minimumVerticalExtent = #'(-4 . 4)
                some other notes

Inside the two different repeat blocks I want to have different
distances between the staves, because the second repeat block should
fit into a single page.

I know, that I can adjust the distance between staves with
\set Staff.minimumVerticalExtent = #'(-7 . 7)

but when I place one statement into each repeat block, only the second
statement is active (because \set Staff.minimumVerticalExtent sets the
distance for the whole staff context, am I right?). So, please maybe
some of you can help me to solve this problem.

Many thanks,

Stephan