Re: Spam and newsgroup

From: Jan Kohnert
Subject: Re: Spam and newsgroup
Date: Sat, 29 May 2004 00:18:47 +0200

Am Freitag, 28. Mai 2004 13:34 schrieb Hendrik:
> Hello,
>
> I've been subscribed for one day on the list, and received three spam mails
> from it already!  This is not funny!  There must be a way to prevent this
> right?  I mean, I could install a spam-filter, but that is not what I want.
> Most of you are experienced computer users, so why is this still possible?

I don't get much smap over this list, but anyone can see your email address in
the web archive so there is a high possibility to get spam. You can use a
email address just for this list to be prepared. So your spam goes only to
the address where you can/must expect it. :-)

> Second: isn't there a newsgroup about Lilypond?  Seems much more economic
> and practical to me than this list where 90% of the mails I get aren't
> interesting, as I don't understand them anyway (being a newbie)...

Just look at
http://www.gmane.org/
If you subscribe there and configure your news program correctly, you will
find this list mirrored there.

> Regards, Hendrik

Regards Jan

--
OpenPGP public key available:
http://home.arcor.de/jan.kohnert/gnupg_publickey.asc

Key-Fingerprint:
BA8E 11D1 FE7C 9353 7276 5375 486E 9BED 2B03 DF29