Is the number of staff groups per page settable?

From: Doug Asherman
Subject: Is the number of staff groups per page settable?
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 19:48:22 -0700

Hi:

After much use of lilypond, I've noticed that it's quite good at page layout; if I leave most of the settings to their defaults, I get a nice four staff groups per page, beautifully spaced.

What I'm wondering is: is there a variable I can set somewhere to get an arbitrary number of staff groups per page and have lilypond handle the rest of the formatting? That is, I'd like to have three or five staff groups per page and have lilypond handle the global staff size and all that.

Is this possible?

Thanks,

Doug