Help getting started

From: Hendrik
Subject: Help getting started
Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 22:39:04 +0200

Hello,

I'm trying to make my first file with Lilypond.  What I have so far:

\version "2.2.0"

\include "espanol.ly"

\header {
 title = "Una Caricia"
 author = "Eduardo D. Bensadon"
}

melodie = \relative la''' {si-2 la#-1 si fa2-4 sol-4}

begeleiding = \relative sol' {r <<sol si>> <<sol si>> r <<la si>> <<la si>>}

bas = \relative la, {mi2. si'}

\score {
 \notes {
  \clef violin
  \time 3/4
  \key sol maj
  <<  \melodie
    \begeleiding
    \bas

Of course this does not work.  What I would like to ask: are there some
examples where do re mi ... are used in stead of c d e?  The manual sais to
\include espanol.ly, but this doesn't seem to do it.  And further: any
comments on why this doesn't work are of course welcome.

Is there some book or anything on Lilypond?  What is a basic document
structure? etc. etc.

The point of this all: is it possible making anything work without browsing
through the endless tutorials on the web, and memorizing things like #(ly:
blabla) which I really don't understand (yet).

Pf, I'm asking a lot, but one can always try right?

Greetings, Hendrik

Hendrik Maryns
Fichtenweg 19 Zi. 9
D-72076 Tübingen