totally blind user with questions

From: Orlando Fiol
Subject: totally blind user with questions
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2004 04:52:19 -0400

Hello. My name is Orlando Fiol. I am a totally blind composer/arranger interested in using your program to write scores. is the syntax at least sufficiently ASCII driven that I can indicate note names, registers and rhythmic values? I figure it might be necessary to have my scores proofread by a sightling, but how much control over the actual composition of score elements do you think I'd have? If it turns out that I would have great flexibility and control, how would I go about learning the notation syntax?

Many thanks,
Orlando