Re: Help getting started

From: David Boersma
Subject: Re: Help getting started
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 11:02:24 +0200 (CEST)

Hello Donald,

On Tue, 1 Jun 2004, donald_j_axel wrote:

> You will soon find out that it is very difficult to write decent
> documentation and that many Lilyponders actually write useable but
> annoying (wrong) English.

This will of course bounce back to you: if you are a native English
speaker then you are very welcome to send text corrections...

And it is mainly in your own interest, because as long as the
documentation is indeed "useable" the non-natives are much less annoyed by
language imperfections than you are! :-)

(BTW: For spoken language the situation would be even worse: often
non-native speakers can understand eachother much better in their broken
but simple English than they can understand a native speaker. The first
time I was in the US I very often had to ask people to repeat what they
had said...)

Cheers,
David