Re: help requested!

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: help requested!
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2004 16:59:54 +0200

You may have been hit by a bug that causes problems if the
directory path of your file has spaces in it (such as
C:\Documents and settings\...). One solution is to wait
a day or so for version 2.2.2 of lilypond to appear on the
Cygwin mirrors (then you can just rerun setup.exe to get
the new version) or you could fix the problem yourself as
described in
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2004-05/msg00326.html

   /Mats

Janusz Szafruga wrote:
Hello,

I think I followed instructions given in page
http://lilypond.org/web/download/windows.html

I did the download of LilyPond and got through installation.
Then I downloaded the test.ly file.
But double-clicking the test.ly icon on the desktop does not produce the desired test.pdf file. (the entire
outcome of double-clicking the test.ly name is that
something -- like a rectangular window -- blinks on
the screen for a moment. That's it.)

The computer is a 2 year old compaq running Windows XP Home Edition, with 512 MB memory and 60 or so GB
hard drive, so plenty of room.

So what should I do to make it work? (I mean how can I produce
a pdf output from a ly script file in this environment?) Any suggestion would be helpful. Thanks,
Janusz

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems