Re: Help getting started

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Help getting started
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2004 18:37:34 +0200

I agree. I asked before "what is the structure of an ly file?" I never got an answer. That leaves me guessing from examples. I was using 2.3.1 for a while, until I found out that some of the formatting doesn't work yet. When I went back to 2.2.1, I had to make major changes to a simple layout to get it to parse.

Right! The Download page should contain a clear warning on what version
is stable and what is under development. You can read it out from the
table of links to documentation at www.lilypond.org, but not at the
download page.

I'd like to see a wiki site setup for people to share solutions to problems, and to begin to document how to do things in lilypond.

That's why we have a mailing list archive.
Another excellent source of information is the "Tips and Tricks"
document as well as the "Regression tests" document.

  /Mats