Re: Help getting started

From: Joe Neeman
Subject: Re: Help getting started
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2004 17:19:37 +1000

Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:

address@hidden writes:
etc". The second thing is the expansion of the unified index. The index is a great way of finding what section something is is, but it's not big enough. For example, the "<<" operator isn't there and neither is "#". It does have a link to the Scheme tutorial, but that's only useful if I know that "#" is related to Scheme. Some other things that are missing: "(", "\(", "-x", "^x", "_x", "\markup", "\new", "\context" - (this is present, but it has a link to Piano Staves, for some reason).

This is a task that doesn't require all that much knowledge of how
Lilypond works. Someone just needs to plow through
Documentation/user/*.itely (in the source archive) and add lots of
relevant

 @cindex

entries.

Would you be willing to take up that task?
Sure, if you'll tell me how :). I opened up changing-defaults.itely, added "@cindex Hello" to some random node and did "make doc", but the resulting index (I browsed to it from index.html in the out-www directory) didn't reflect my changes. What am I doing wrong?