Re: Is the number of staff groups per page settable?

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Is the number of staff groups per page settable?
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2004 10:50:57 +0200

At the moment, LilyPond has very little control over the number of
score lines per page, since that decision is done by LaTeX.

However, if I understand correctly, this is about to change in
the coming version 3.0. Then, it would be easier to implement
your feature request.

   /Mats

Doug Asherman wrote:
Hi:

After much use of lilypond, I've noticed that it's quite good at page layout; if I leave most of the settings to their defaults, I get a nice four staff groups per page, beautifully spaced.

What I'm wondering is: is there a variable I can set somewhere to get an arbitrary number of staff groups per page and have lilypond handle the rest of the formatting? That is, I'd like to have three or five staff groups per page and have lilypond handle the global staff size and all that.

Is this possible?

Thanks,

Doug

        Mats Bengtsson