PowerTab to Lilypond conversion utility

From: Jelmer Vernooij
Subject: PowerTab to Lilypond conversion utility
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2004 22:08:15 +0200

Hi,

For those interested: I've been working on a utility that can parse
PowerTab files (generated by the PowerTab editor for Windows, details
at http://www.power-tab.net/). PowerTab is proprietary and doesn't
run on anything but Windows, but most of the tablature files on the
internet are stored in .ptb.

Figuring out the file format took me quite a bit of time and a couple
of sleepless nights, but it's done now and appears to work for all the
PowerTab files I can get. :-)

I'm now working on a utility that can convert a powertab file
to a Lilypond file. Basic conversion works, but there are still a lot
of things to figure out.

More details can be found at :
http://jelmer.vernstok.nl/oss/ptabtools/

Cheers,