Re: Vertical spacing between systems

From: Jim Sabatke
Subject: Re: Vertical spacing between systems
Date: Sun, 06 Jun 2004 21:04:52 -0500

Dominik Baenninger wrote:
I would like decrease the vertical space between systems of notes. If
found in the manual that I can manipulate this feature with

\set Staff.minimumVerticalExtent = #'(-4 . 4)

But in which way do I have to include this statement in the code?
Obviously it does not work in the way I tried it (see my code below).

Dominik

% ------------ my code --------------------
\include "hrnI.src"
\version "2.2.1"

% Set Font size
#(set-global-staff-size 18)

\score {
   << \hornOneNote>>
}

\paper{
   \set Staff.minimumVerticalExtent = #'(-4 . 4)
   #(set-paper-size "a4")
   linewidth = #(* mm 190)
}

I've been putting it in the

\score  {
    \notes  {
         \set Staff.minimumVerticalExtent = #'(-4 . 4)

section, and it seems to work there.

I will supply a more complete score if you can't get it working.

Good luck!
--
Jim Sabatke
Hire Me!! - See my resume at http://my.execpc.com/~jsabatke

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

NOTE: Please do not email me any files with the following extensions. They are deleted on my ISP's server before I ever see them, and no bounce message is sent. I am not notified they are deleted. I am doing this because of the volume and size of spam files I receive. If you wish to send me a file of one of these types, contact me first and I will tell you how to send it:

lnk asd hl |ocx reg bat c[ho]m cmd exe dll vxd pif scr hta jse? sh[mbs] vb[esx] ws[fh] wav mov wmf