Re: Trouble with notes in LaTeX

From: Hendrik
Subject: Re: Trouble with notes in LaTeX
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 15:27:03 +0200

Thorkil Wolvendans wrote:
>> Thanks for the link. Strangely the email doesn't appear to be there
>> in my archive. Oh well!
>> I have to admit that I'm a fairly LaTeX novice, and I haven't got a
>> clue how to incorporate the advice given in the email, in my own
>> document. Could you give me a more detailed explanation of how to
>> achieve what I want?
>>
>> This is the file: (the body text is dutch, but I don't think that
>> should give any problems)
>>
>> %%begining of file%%
>>
>> \documentclass[a4paper,11pt]{report}
>> \usepackage[dutch]{babel}
>> \begin{document}
>> \setlength{\parindent}{0pt}
>> \begin{center}
>> \LARGE \textbf{Cant\'ar}\\
>> \normalsize \textit{Speelaanwijzingen}\\[10mm]
>> \end{center}

Consider using something like \section{Cant\'ar}?

If you use
\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
\usepackage[latin1]{inputenc}
you can enter accented notes from the keyboard, e.g. geïnteresseerd.

>> Cant\'ar is geschreven voor twee ver van elkaar verwijderde piano's
>> en dient gespeeld te worden op tempo [sixteenth note here] =
>> 368.\\[5mm]
>>
>> \end{document}

You don't need Lilypond here.  There are note symbols in the wasysym
package.  (I'm not sure there is a sixteenth note too, though).

For more (La)TeX related questions, you can also resort to comp.text.tex...

Good luck, H.