Re: Trouble with notes in LaTeX

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Trouble with notes in LaTeX
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2004 17:09:39 -0700

On 11-Jun-04, at 9:21 AM, Thorkil Wolvendans wrote:
At 15:27 11-6-04, you wrote:
Thorkil Wolvendans wrote:
>> Thanks for the link. Strangely the email doesn't appear to be there
>> in my archive. Oh well!
>> I have to admit that I'm a fairly LaTeX novice, and I haven't got a
>> clue how to incorporate the advice given in the email, in my own
>> document. Could you give me a more detailed explanation of how to
>> achieve what I want?

Sorry, I'm also a LaTeX novice, so I can't help you much more.

>> Cant\'ar is geschreven voor twee ver van elkaar verwijderde piano's
>> en dient gespeeld te worden op tempo [sixteenth note here] =
>> 368.\\[5mm]
>>
>> \end{document}

You don't need Lilypond here.  There are note symbols in the wasysym
package.  (I'm not sure there is a sixteenth note too, though).

Unfortunately, in the waysym ain't no sixteenth note available. Burden.

Could you do [8th note] = 184, or [quarter note] = 92, instead?

Another alternative would be to have something like:

en dient gespeeld te worden op tempo
\begin[lilypond]
c16
\removeStaff
\removeTimeSignature
\removeClef
\removeEverthingApartFromNote
\end[lilypond]
= 368.

That's a pretty messy way of doing it, but it might work!  :)

Cheers,
- Graham