Accordion Stradella Chords

From: TIM HUCKER
Subject: Accordion Stradella Chords
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 19:45:15 +0100 (BST)

Firstly & most importantly a big thankyou to everyone involved in Lilypond for
such an amazing program - and free too! Please keep up the good work.

I am involved with engraving music for the accordion, particularly the piano
accordion with stradella bass. As the actual notes that play when you depress a
chord button are dictated by the instrument rather than the music, the notes
printed are a matter of convention.

For example, a chord of c major in the bass is conventionally represented as
middle c with the g and e below it. On my instrument the notes that actually
play are middle c with the e above and g below.

Is is possible for me to redefine the chords in Lilypond so that I get the
right inversion automatically, and the right chord name to go with it? I've
tried any number of things and I just can't get it to work. Either the right
chord come out with the wrong name or I can't get the right inversion at all.

Any pointers would be very gratefully received.

Tim Hucker