Re: character by name on the gnome canvas, custom fontencoding

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: character by name on the gnome canvas, custom fontencoding
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 22:24:22 +0200

Owen Taylor writes:

> Chris Blizzard is working on some API enhancements to Pango to
> allow the application to control how this mapping works

I've just noticed that Chris has already checked in quite a hack and
I'm wondering if you could point me to an example or documentation
about how to use this.

I'd very much like to keep a good eye on this, to help making sure
that pango 1.6 will be able to display our music font too.  We're
using a custom encoding/mapping that's available as afm or tfm.

As LilyPond reads the coding vector, using a decode/encode callback
would also do the trick.

Greetings,
Jan.