Re: cautionary accidental: double barline?

From: Thomas Scharkowski
Subject: Re: cautionary accidental: double barline?
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 13:05:39 +0200

> On Friday 18 June 2004 09.16, Thomas Scharkowski wrote:
> > Hello list,
> >
> > when changing the key lilypond (2.2.2, cygwin) prints a single
> > barline before the cautionary accidentals at the end of the line.
> > Isn't a double barline standard? I looked at several examples in
> > printed scores and always found a double barline.
>
> If you want to add a double barline, you can use \bar "||". It would
> IMHO be a bit confusing if a double barline would be added by default;
> and the extra \bar "||" is not much extra work.
>
> (And no - I don't think it's standard. But I think you usually change
> key signatures only around the kind of barlines where it's appropriate
> to use \bar "||" for musical reasons)
>
> Erik

Thank you!
I have tried \bar "||", but it does not work with repeats as you will
see in the example below.
The first score is without repeats and is o.k..
With repeats \bar "||" has the effect that lilypond does not print
the first repeat bar, see score 3.
Am I missing something or is it a bug?

Thomas