(Fwd) Re: cautionary accidental: double barline?

From: Thomas Scharkowski
Subject: (Fwd) Re: cautionary accidental: double barline?
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 13:15:34 +0200

Sorry, I missed to paste my example.
Here it comes:

\version "2.2.2"
% Ex 1
\score {
        \notes { \relative c'{
        \key fis \major
        eis^\markup fis gis ais \bar "||"  \break
        \key f \major
        bes c d e
        }}
\paper {}
}

% Ex 2
\score {
        \notes { \relative c'{
        \key fis \major
        eis fis gis ais \break
        \key f \major
        \repeat volta 2 { bes c d e }
        }}
\paper {}
}
% Ex 3
\score {
        \notes { \relative c'{
        \key fis \major
        eis fis gis ais \bar "||" \break
        \key f \major
        \repeat volta 2 { bes c d e }
        }}
\paper {}

From:                   Thomas Scharkowski <address@hidden>
To:                     address@hidden, address@hidden
Subject:                Re: cautionary accidental: double barline?
Date sent:              Fri, 18 Jun 2004 13:05:41 +0200

> On Friday 18 June 2004 09.16, Thomas Scharkowski wrote:
> > Hello list,
> >
> > when changing the key lilypond (2.2.2, cygwin) prints a single
> > barline before the cautionary accidentals at the end of the line.
> > Isn't a double barline standard? I looked at several examples in
> > printed scores and always found a double barline.
>
> If you want to add a double barline, you can use \bar "||". It would
> IMHO be a bit confusing if a double barline would be added by
> default; and the extra \bar "||" is not much extra work.
>
> (And no - I don't think it's standard. But I think you usually
> change key signatures only around the kind of barlines where it's
> appropriate to use \bar "||" for musical reasons)
>
> Erik

Thank you!
I have tried \bar "||", but it does not work with repeats as you will
see in the example below. The first score is without repeats and is
o.k.. With repeats \bar "||" has the effect that lilypond does not
print the first repeat bar, see score 3. Am I missing something or is
it a bug?

Thomas