Re: User-defined messages in .ly compilation output?

From: Magnus Lewis-Smith
Subject: Re: User-defined messages in .ly compilation output?
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 12:30:00 +0100 (BST)

--- Jan Nieuwenhuizen <address@hidden> wrote: > Magnus Lewis-Smith writes:

> > Is it possible to write messages to the terminal during the compilation of
> > .ly file?  (not the compilation of lilypond itself!)
>
> How about this ;-)
>
>         #(display "message:  expect errors\n" (current-error-port))

Nearly there.  If I use the 'display' command I get

Now processing `file.ly'
Parsing...
message:  expect errors

file.ly:232:66: error: syntax error, unexpected SCM_T:
        #(display "message:  expect errors\n" (current-error-port)
                                                                  )
Interpreting music...

Incidentally, are there facilities similar to __FILE__ and __LINE__ in C?

Thanks
Magnus Lewis-Smith

Messenger - sooooo many all-new ways to express yourself
http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com