Re: Narrow Word Lyric

From: Joshua Koo
Subject: Re: Narrow Word Lyric
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 16:51:28 +0800

Thanks Eric,

I am not that sure of how to use the melismata, so I prefer the 2nd method too,
partly because the 1st method might not work with multi-stanza verses too.
So it worked! except some notes seems to shift its alignment, i guess with the
\skip affecting them.

Thanks,
Joshua

>On Friday 18 June 2004 20.41, Joshua Koo wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> is it possilbe for a 2-syllable word in the lyrics to be shown as a single
>> word if the notes are closed enought. That is a word seperated with -- eg.
>> Hel -- lo, be shown below the notes as "Hello" instead of Hel-lo if notes
>> are determinded closed enought.
>
>You can do this manually, by using melismata or similar:
>
><<
>\context Voice=A \notes { c8\melisma c\melismaEnd }
>\new Lyrics \lyricsto A \lyrics { Hello }
>>>

>would replace
>
><<
>\context Voice=A \notes { c8 c }
>\new Lyrics \lyricsto A \lyrics { Hel -- lo }
>>>

>I beleive that the following has the same effect & might be more handy:
>
><<
>\context Voice=A \notes { c8 c }
>\new Lyrics \lyricsto A \lyrics { Hello \skip 4 }
>>>

>Erik

Best regards.
Joshua Koo
address@hidden