Re: Making a lilypond-book

From: David Raleigh Arnold
Subject: Re: Making a lilypond-book
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 16:19:56 -0400

On Thursday 24 June 2004 02:02 pm, Will Oram wrote:
> On Jun 24, 2004, at 10:59 AM, Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:
> > Will Oram writes:
> >> mvmt1/mvmt1.ly:15:19: error: can't find file: `/defs.ly'
> >>
> >> \include "/defs.ly"
> >
> > That looks odd, you wouldn't have defs.ly in your root directory,
> > right?
>
> Right. Full path is ~/tchai_op35/mvmt1/defs.ly, as is for all the
> other included files. I'm not expected to use full pathnames when I
> include files, I hope?

Lasciate ogni speranza.  It's a feature, not a bug.  You want
"defs.ly" in the current project directory, because over time
it will evolve considerably with version changes.  Other than
that, why fight it?  daveA

--
Paying more at the gas pump?  Bush's Oil Sheikh Buddies, who support Al
Qaeda, Palestinian terrorists, & hate-U.S. school systems everywhere,