Re: Methods of working

From: Arvid Grøtting
Subject: Re: Methods of working
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 10:01:28 +0200

Jan Nieuwenhuizen <address@hidden> writes:

> It seems that not much people use Xdvi and point-and-click, not even
> emacs users?

Xdvi and what, exactly?  Now you really got me curious.

Me, I use GNU Emacs (under X11 on OSX) and xdvi.  I use lilypond-mode
in Emacs, and I compile the files from within emacs to be able to use
the "next-error" function.

I see some possible improvements in lilypond-mode, but not important
enough to go ahead and just do them myself; all in all I'm quite happy
with the workflow I have today.

A not-too-complicated 4-voice TTBB piece with lyrics usually enters at
about 2 hours a page for me, at the moment.

--

Arvid