Re: Stradella Accordion Chords

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: Stradella Accordion Chords
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2004 19:46:54 +0200

TIM HUCKER writes:

> Thanks for the reply, Jan. Unfortunately I couldn't use your code as
> all I get is an error message (using Lilypond 2.2.2).

Try adding \notes in the appropriate place.

> What I am trying to achieve is (for example) to input "C" as a chord
> and to get as output both a chord of C Major consisting of middle C
> and the G and E immediately below it, and "C" as the chord name.

No, Lily cannot display a `wrong' (or 'another') chord name with a
certain chord automatically.  You'll have to write a new chord-name
code for that (that does the translation), or you'll have to make the
names by hand, or mix and match names and chords.

Jan