Installation, Windows95

From: C . J . Evans
Subject: Installation, Windows95
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 12:49:43 +0100

Hi. I followed the instructions on the page:

http://lilypond.org/web/download/windows.html

Is there anything else that needs to be done? I ask this because most of the
downloaded files are of type .tar.bz2 Do they all need to be extracted (and
if so, do I use the default locations suggested by WinRAR) or has the setup
program already extracted the ones that are needed by lilypond?

I doubt that, because a file search fails to locate latex.exe or
pdflatex.exe When the archive in tetex-bin is extracted, there is a file
called latex.exe, but it (and a few other .exe files) contains zero bytes.
Does this indicate something wrong with the archive at the uk mirror site?

On double-clicking a .ly file a window opens but closes again before it is
possible to see if any error messages have been printed. No .pdf or .log
file are created.

I would be grateful for any tips,

Colin J. Evans.