Re: Making a lilypond-book -- IT WORKS...sort of

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Making a lilypond-book -- IT WORKS...sort of
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2004 10:33:35 +0200

Will Oram wrote:
As is typical with me, I misread the instructions for lilypond-book --process. After some toying around, I got it to build at last.

There are some problems, however. One is that nothing in \header {} (found in header.ly) is printed in the final output. This is not a terrible problem; I can insert anything missing in TeX.

See the information on titling at
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.2/Documentation/user/out-www/lilypond/Integrating-LaTeX-and-music.html#Integrating%20LaTeX%20and%20music
However, you will need version 2.2.3 since earlier 2.2.x versions had a
bug. If you don't want to upgrade, I have described a workaround in
several emails found in the mailing list archives.

A more serious problem is that I can't seem to have multiple \lilypondfile's in one .tex file. This is my code:

\documentclass[a4paper]{opera}
     \begin{document}

     \title {Violin Concerto in D Major}
     \subtitle {Opus 35}
     \author {Peter Ilyitch Tchaikovsky}
     \date {\today}
     \maketitle

     \begin{center}
     {\huge{I. Allegro Moderato}} \\
     \end{center}
     \lilypondfile{mvmt1/mvmt1.ly}

     \begin{center}
     {\huge{III. Finale}} \\
     \end{center}
     \lilypondfile{mvmt3/mvmt3.ly}

     \end{document}

The resulting output is the title page, mvmt1 header, mvmt1, NO header at all, mvmt1 AGAIN. What's up?

I tried your example with some small files in mvmt1.ly and mvmt3.ly and
it works fine here. You can hopefully get a hint on what's up if you
run lilypond-book with the additional flag --verbose and also take a
careful look at the printouts from LaTeX. I recommend to remove all
lily-*.ly files first to make sure that lilypond-book reruns all the
steps.

   /Mats