Re: Greetings and a question

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: Greetings and a question
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2004 16:00:42 +0200

Dave Phillips writes:

>   I'll check out the CVS abc2ly today. Meanwhile, here's what's
>   happening with my current versions of things (Planet CCRMA RH9,
>   LilyPond 2.2.0) :

Ok.

> /home/dlphilp/BachCelloPrelude.ly:14:38: error: parse error,
> unexpected BAR, expecting NOTENAME_PITCH or DRUM_PITCH or '>':
>      \time 4/4 \key d \major   <   \ba

This is invalid lilypond syntax: you found a bug.

AFAIC, abc is mainly used for simple tunes.  The multiple voices/chord
syntax changed and abc2ly was apparrently not updated.

>   I hope that helps. Going for the CVS abc2ly now...

This won't help, same bug is probably in CVS.

Could you please complete your bug report by posting the ABC source
that triggers the bug?  (attachments are not allowed on lilypond-user
currently, due to limited spam filtering options).

Jan.