RE: What properties should I set?

From: Bertalan Fodor
Subject: RE: What properties should I set?
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 17:08:48 +0200

> There are certainly a number of properties that are useful to
> set but that are unset by default. However, it's a difficult
> compromise to determine which ones to list or not.

Well it is not a difficult compromise if there is a well-known property
like minimumVerticalExtent, but you don't have the chance at all to find
out that it can be set.

For example I suppose that it can be set even in ChoirStaff, but there
is no link to anywhere from the ChoirStaff documentation where you can
find it.

I must add, that I don't want to browse the documentation for settable
properties at all. It's the task for my automatic code completion
working in jEdit's LilyPond plugins. And I was able to perfectly set up
the code completion database for the grob properties, but not for
context properties.

So I think something is very bad, if contexts' properties are not
self-documenting.

Bert