Re: setting duration

From: Scott Webber
Subject: Re: setting duration
Date: Sun, 04 Jul 2004 09:58:11 -0400

Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:

address@hidden writes:
No errors, it just doesn't do anything.

are you sure that the functions are called? (try adding (display
"hi\n") statements)

Yeah, the functions were being called. I was able to fix this by changing eighths to:

#(define (eighths note)
  (music-map
             (lambda (x)
(set! (ly:music-property x 'duration) (ly:make-duration 3 0))
                x)
             note))

I still don't really understand what is going on, but I was basically just hunting all over different source for things that changed music-properties.

My percussion stuff is starting to come along now. I'm still working on getting my \flam exactly right, but when I do, I'll post it to the list for everyone. I've been working on \diddle too.

Scott