lilypond 2.2.3 on Suse 9.1

From: Thomas Scharkowski
Subject: lilypond 2.2.3 on Suse 9.1
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2004 12:40:16 +0200

Hello list,

maybe this is more of a linux question, but I dare to ask.

I have to admit that I am new to linux, but I thought: Just try it.
So I followed the instructions and compiled lilypond-2.2.3 on SuSe
9.1..
Everything seemed to work correctly, great!
Typing "lilypond --ver" gives the expected result.
But I get an error message when running lilypond on a *ly file:
"lily.scm not in loadpath"
So I suppose I missed something important?
Any help? Or is it just too hard for a newbie?

Thanks
Thomas