Clashing leger lines in tight settings

From: Sami Huhtala
Subject: Clashing leger lines in tight settings
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 08:47:34 +0300

Hi,

I've been doing some heavy-weight notation (with lilypond 2.2.2) which demands quite tight distribution of notes. Lilypond handles this exeptionnally well, but I've found a point of possible refinement: clashing leger lines. Standard procedure in handengraving is to shorten the leger lines so that they do not run together.

Example: http://www.medialounge.com/lily2.png

-Sami Huhtala