Re: need to lower guitar pitch by a scale octave for midi output

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: need to lower guitar pitch by a scale octave for midi output
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 22:47:03 -0700

On 12-Jul-04, at 9:26 PM, Patrick Stanistreet wrote:
I wrote in an earlier note that I am converting my 1.6.10 lily files
to 2.2.0 and for the most part it is working.  The code that I was
using to lower the midi pitch of the guitar an octave does not
seem to be working,
Here is the convert-ly output

    \set Staff.midiInstrument = #"acoustic guitar (nylon)"
    \set Staff.instrument = "guitar"
    \set Staff.transposing = -12

Shouldn't this line be:
        \set Staff.transposing = #-12
?

The .instrument line might also need to have a # . I'm not certain though,
and I haven't tested either of these suggesions.

- Graham