Phrasing slur over polyphonic melodies

From: Raphael Slinckx
Subject: Phrasing slur over polyphonic melodies
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 21:10:31 +0100

Hi !

I've a little problem I can't figure out, and I hope someone here knows the answer !

Imagine somthing like this (where numbers represent notes):

   {4 5 6} >>

(Here we have a bar break)

   {a b c} >>

Now I want a phrasing slur between notes 1 and 9 , when I try, lilypond throws me warning because it can't find beginning of slur and end of slur, so I suppose this is illegal !

How is it possible to achieve that result ?

Thanks !
Raphael