2 questions - ties and midi, ties notes in a separate coda

From: Shelagh
Subject: 2 questions - ties and midi, ties notes in a separate coda
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2004 08:39:54 +1000

I have two questions.
1) I made a beautiful printout of a song and the midi output was successful, but the tied notes did not 'tie' in the midi song. Is this normal? or am I missing something. The ties over the bar lines seemed to work but the tied notes in the middle of the measure separated. I'm using Lilypond 2.2.0. 2) In another song the coda was separated from the main score. The structure of the song is like this

music repeat x2 music skip to coda

The problem is that the note that is on the barline which skips is tied so the coda begins with the end of a tied note. I played around with \skips but nothing looked promising. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Shelagh