Re: problem with scordatura

From: Thorkil Wolvendans
Subject: Re: problem with scordatura
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 14:24:31 +0200

Hi Graham!

At 07:44 26-7-04, you wrote:
So far I've faked it by writing "viola tunes C to B" and the like, but you _can_ do it better than that. In the recent devel version, you can now include scores in markup. See input/test/markup-score.ly

Yes, I noticed that -- it looks neat!
But since I need the scordatura for a string quartet where three of the four instruments have their strings 'untuned', I suspect it may look a little strange to have this list with three instruments above the 'grand'score, although it (having the scordatura-tuning at the top of the file) may look very good on the individual parts (IMHO: I think it may look even better than the original scordatura which starts at the far left from the first staff of the score). When the option comes available to me (I use windows, so I have to wait until a new stable version sees the light), I will give the function definitly a try!

Currently, I think I'll stick to the original scordatura rules defined in input/test/incipit.ly (http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.2/input/test/out-www/lily-1425473805.ly). I don't understand how I could overlook this file, having searched the docs with my bare eyes thrice and googled the website on the word scordatura twice. Oh well, after I posted the question, I found the answer (which always gives me some satisfaction), but thanks for your help!

Regards,
Thorkil