Réf. : Raising markups

From: Jean-marc LEGRAND
Subject: Réf. : Raising markups
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 11:13:02 +0200

Hi !
I've found this to put the mark wherever I want :  \once \property
Voice.TextScript \override
#'extra-offset = #'(x . y) a2.^\markup {\italic {e}}. I adjust x and y after a
few tries.

Have some fun !

                      Shelagh <address@hidden>

                      Envoyé par :
Pour :   address@hidden
                      lilypond-user-bounces+jean-marc.legrand=total.         cc
:
                      address@hidden
Objet :  Raising markups

                      19/07/2004 01:33

I was waondering how you would raise markups when they are
of the sort \mark \markup { \musicglyph #"scripts-segno"}.
I tried experimenting with \raise # 2.0 and the realised this
was only in relation to the other markup text. I tried to follow
the padding commands but I didn't 'get it'.
Any suggestions?

Shelagh

PS Before I sent this I did one further experiment. I
\mark \markup {" " \raise #3.0 \musicglyph #"sript-coda"}
And it worked. Maybe this will be useful for others.
But I'd still like to know how to use the padding command for these
items in a global override?

SOM