Re: 2 questions - ties and midi, ties notes in a separate coda

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: 2 questions - ties and midi, ties notes in a separate coda
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 11:25:27 +0200

2) In another song the coda was separated from the main score. The
structure of the song is like this

music repeat x2 music skip to coda

The problem is that the note that is on the barline which skips is tied so
the coda begins with the end of a tied note. I played around with \skips
but nothing looked promising. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I'm not sure exactly what you mean, but you may have to fake the
desired layout by using ties to and from an unvisible note,
respectively:

Before the skip:
g2*1/2 ~ \hideNotes g2*1/2 \unHideNotes

At the beginning of the Coda:
\hideNotes g2*1/2 ~ \unHideNotes g2*1/2

The *1/2 is a trick to get the correct rhythm, the
note is printed using the original duration, 2 in this case,
but internally, LilyPond thinks it only occupies half the duration.

The same trick is useful if you have a tie to the second alternative
ending of a repeat.

   /Mats