Re: Handling of Ties in chords individually?

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Handling of Ties in chords individually?
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 15:44:40 +0200

Could it be that http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2004-07/msg00150.html
answers your question?

   /Mats

Roland Goretzki wrote:
Hi at all.

I'm still using lilypond 2.2.0, and I wonder, wether it is possible to
determine at tied chords explicitely, which direction every tie shall
have.

To demonstrate that this is necessary, here a little piece of code:

  \include "deutsch.ly"
  \score {
    \context Staff \notes\relative c'' {
      \key c \major
      g4 g' cis, b g' g, g'
      <g, b cis g'> ~
      <g b cis g'>
g' cis, b g1 } }

The second tie (from bottom to top) between 'b' and 'b' would look much
better, if its direction would be down. The other ties should behold
their directions.

With \tieDown, \tieUp or \tieBoth I can't get a good result.

Any ideas?
Or perhaps a solution to this is planned for a later lilypond version?

Thanks and Best Regards           Roland

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems
        Royal Institute of Technology