Re: Custom Noteheads

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Custom Noteheads
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 16:45:48 +0200

I'm afraid you have to dig into the source code yourself.
Such a project would involve several steps: designing the
font symbols for the noteheads or finding an existing font
that contains the symbols, writing a replacement or complement
to Note_head::print (in C++ or Scheme) and the corresponding
output functions in scm/output-*.scm, among others.

   /Mats

Aaron Dalton wrote:
I've done a little searching in the archives but I can't seem to find any specific information. I am wanting to use Lilypond in a research project I'm doing. I am doing a timepoint analysis of some pieces and the developer of said system uses a series of custom noteheads. I cannot seem to find any place that goes into the specifics of creating one's own notehead engraver and how to integrate it into a working Lilypond installation.

Has anybody out there done this sort of thing? Would you be willing to share some wisdom on how it is done? Thank you so much for your time.

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems
        Royal Institute of Technology