scheme problems

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: scheme problems
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 01:39:56 +0200 (CEST)

[lilypond 2.2.5]

I want to have a \Fermata macro which puts a fermata over a rest,
moving it down by a certain amount (basically, this is to work around
a bug in lilypond: The position of a fermata over a rest is far too
high).  While I can come up with scheme code to create a RestEvent, I
wasn't able to find a way to set the extra-offset property at the same
time:

  #(define (rest-fermata)
    (make-music 'TextScriptEvent
                'text (make-musicglyph-markup "scripts-ufermata")))

  Fermata = #(rest-fermata)

  R1\Fermata

I tried

  #(define (rest-fermata)
    (make-music 'OverrideProperty
                'symbol 'TextScript
                'grob-property 'padding
                'grob-value -2
                'once #t)
    (make-music 'TextScriptEvent
                'text (make-musicglyph-markup "scripts-ufermata")))

but this has no effect.

Please advise.

    Werner