Re: Multi-bar rests - can I do what I want?

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Multi-bar rests - can I do what I want?
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2004 11:51:41 +0200

I've used the same strategy without any problems.
Note that you can skip 15 bars, say, using \skip 2.*15

   /Mats

Anthony W. Youngman wrote:
I've got the following in one of my part files...

\score {
        \new Staff {
        \set Score.skipBars = ##t
                \notes {
                        <<
                                \voiceStaff
                                \TromboneBassC

Notice I've set skipBars to "true". Basically, \voiceStaff contains time
signatures, key signatures etc and I want to include it with every part.
Each bar consists of "\skip 1*3/4" or whatever. \TromboneBassC contains
all the notes for the trombone, and has a fair bit of stuff like R1*3 or
whatever. Obviously, in the score these are going to get exploded. But I
want them collapsed in the part, and I guess \voiceStaff won't let it
:-(

I tried putting the R syntax into \voiceStaff, but it then puts rests in
the part, messes up the stems, etc etc. Am I going to have to ditch
\voiceStaff and put it all in \TromboneBassC, or can I get it to do what
I want?

Cheers,
Wol

        Mats Bengtsson