Re: slurs, ties into and out of endings

From: Paul Scott
Subject: Re: slurs, ties into and out of endings
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2004 12:59:33 -0700

Mats Bengtsson wrote:

I'm not sure exactly what you intended to typeset, so I can't
tell what's broken.

Sorry.  It was the placement of the last rest in the wrong measure.

However:
- I hope you have noticed that there's no need to define your own
  MkInvis macros, you can use the predefined \hideNotes \unHideNotes.

Yes, thanks.

- What did you expect d8*4/8 to do? Since the same duration is copied
  also for the following notes, it will make the total duration of the
  second alternative 1/8 + 4/8*4/8 + 4/8 = 7/8.

Doh!!!!   (It was quite late)

Thanks,

Now a much smaller problem which I can live with for these parts is that the eight notes are not evenly spaced. Is there a more appropriate solution for this important situation being considered for a future version? Is there a way to place the beginning of the slur/tie at a point at the beginning of the second ending without the funny spacing (that the hidden note takes) that the "trick" generates? What is possibly needed is a way to delete the space taken by the hidden note as well as place the "hidden" note right on the barline.

Thanks,

Paul