tweaking voicefollower lines

From: Shelagh
Subject: tweaking voicefollower lines
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2004 07:49:55 +1000

How would you go about tweaking voice follower lines?
I want them to be unattached to the noteheads (eg shorter) and between the staves.
I tried something like this;

\override VoiceFollower #'extra-offset = #'( -1 . 0)

which made it look better, but is there a better property for determining the length of the line? It looks like it ought to be the #'Y-extent-callback which requires a procedure and this is beyond me.

Shelagh